Nightingale Progress for 3/10
I’m getting close now! The major painting and shading is done. All that remains is some minor detailing, clear coating of some parts and the final assembly. I’m probably going to have to wait another 3 or 4 days before the paint is ready to be handled, but there’s no reason not to share the parts that are ready to go.
You can tell that the head is noticeably less shiny. There were some problems with paint not setting on the center fin, so it had to be sealed with acrylic and repainted. As result, it wasn’t yet dry enough for the gloss coat, so it will have to wait until my next painting day.
Dat crotch piece. If you haven’t been able to tell by now, the color scheme on this one is a little more subdued than the standard Nightingale.
The rear… I don’t know what you’d call it, but it goes behind the head. The drawing that I used as inspiration for this one had additional holes all over the suit, so I was obliged to add some to the kit. Both sides of this piece are almost perfectly symmetrical, except for one set of large holes that are uneven. After I had measured and drilled the others, it still looked like something was missing so I tried to freehand another set. Didn’t work out but you can’t really tell unless you’re really studying it. >_>
Rear view of the backpack. The mounting pin on the right binder snapped during assembly. Funny thing is that is probably would have held if I hadn’t drilled it out to pin it.
A Binder. The panel lines really helped round out the dark shading. The funnels are still being finished up and will be glued into place. I don’t see the point in making them removable; it’s not like you can put this guy in an action pose.